Heart of the Flower written by Andrew Barnes is an unflinching exploration of the beautiful diversity of women’s genitals, free of judgement, shame and embarrassment.
Fifty everyday women have posed for up-close and personal photographs that show their genitals from many different and rarely seen angles. Each woman writes candidly with wit, wisdom, passion, even despair, about her relationship with her vulva.
The book brings into light the ins and outs of the female sexual anatomy, and demystifies and challenges the way society views women’s genitals.
Heart of the Flower is designed to normalise and celebrate diversity at a time when labial reconstructions have reached an all-time high and women’s body image is at an all-time low.
The authors say that they want women to see that their vagina, no matter what it looks like, is totally normal. It’s been produced in response to concerns about the rise in cosmetic genital surgery, such as labiaplasty.
- Kaitlyn Sawrey from Triple J’s Hack radio program speaks to one of the models in the book, who at one time contemplated plastic surgery herself.
- Radio program What’s normal? – Life Matters – ABC Radio National (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
- Short video about Heart of the Flower
- 100 pages of photographs of 50 women’s genitals (yoni) of all different ages, shapes, sizes and races.
- Each woman has 2 pages to share her 3 photos along with her personal story about her relationship with her yoni.
- Detailed anatomy chapter with amazing photos, drawings and information about the internal structures of a woman clitoral legs and bulbs and female prostate gland.
- You may never of seen or heard of this before.
- Intimate interviews with several women about their orgasms.
- Discover about our sexual development from the womb to the tomb.
- Parents, learn about what is the best method of sex education for young people.
- Find out why so many woman struggle to have an orgasm and have higher negative attitudes towards their bodies than men do.
It is a beautiful gift or addition to your bookcase or coffee table, and the perfect way to celebrate the heart of the flower that is woman.
Heart of the Flower is a high quality production hardcover book with 164 full colour pages. At 295mm (11.61 inches) x 245mm (9.64), and weighing 1.25 kilograms (2.75 pounds). She is much larger and heavier than your average paperback, so we please ask that you understand the extra costs associated with postage. This book is truly worth it.
Please read our refund guidelines carefully before purchasing this product. By continuing with your purchase you are agreeing to the refund guidelines. Click on the Website boundaries link below to read more.